Listen to your mother
My mother is one of my greatest sources of inspiration, strength and guidance. She is a mentor and a friend and maintains this role with her ten children and over 20 grandchildren, not to mention a lifetime of friendships she continually nurtures. She’s 84 going on 24.
Here are just a few gems of wisdom I’ve gleaned from her. Enjoy!
Wisdom from my mother…
- Tell the truth. Always.
- If no one is attending your pity party, leave.
- Move from ‘why me’ to ‘what for’.
- Your body is your temple. Take care of it.
- No one said it would be easy. But it will be worth it.
- If you want to see a miracle, be a miracle.
- If it doesn’t fit, get rid of it.
- Listen to your intuition.
- Show up.
- Listen to your body. It’s talking to you.
- Surround yourself with the right people.
- Actions speak louder than words.
- Have faith.
- Save your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
- Do the right thing, don’t just do things right.
- Make the most of every day. Literally.
- Love. Love – yourself, others and God.
- Appreciate the little things, for they are actually the big things.
- Get out and walk a little every day.
- Eat a little ice cream every day.
In 2009, I wrote daily blog posts to my mother in honour of her 75th birthday. I wanted to highlight all the wit and wisdom I gained from her. You can read them here: http://theoneyearofintentionallivingproject.blogspot.com/2009/12/365-days-of-intentional-livingstarting.html.